News & Events
2019 Historic Preservation Month
May is National Historic Preservation Month. The Florida Department of State is joining efforts led by the National Trust for Historic Preservation to raise awareness of historic preservation in Florida.
File Early, Florida!
Annual Report filing season for business entities in Florida is January 1 to May 1 every year.
Mark your calendar and be sure to file your annual report on or before May 1 to avoid late fees.
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is an educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music (rock, blues, folk, etc.), learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
April 20 - The Grove Museum - Nature Walk with North American Butterfly Association
April 27 - Mission San Luis - Plein-Air Watercolor Painting Workshop
May 20 - Knott House Museum - Emancipation Day Celebration
- 5/22/2019 - Celebrate National Historic Preservation Month with a Preview of Historic Restoration Project in Tallahassee
- 5/16/2019 - Florida Folklife Program Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- 5/11/2019 - Florida Department of State Launches Florida Historic Mini Golf Trail on National Miniature Golf Day
- 5/6/2019 - Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Issues Statement on the 2019 Legislative Session
- 5/1/2019 - Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Designates Main Street Winter Haven as Florida Main Street Program of the Month