News & Events
50th Anniversary - Apollo 11
On July 20, 1969, the United States of America accomplished a feat of impossibilities by landing the Apollo 11 Lunar Module Eagle on the moon. Florida played a key role in this achievement by serving as the Apollo 11 mission's physical launch pad at the Kennedy Space Center. The Department will be offering a variety of opportunities to recognize and celebrate Florida's role in this historical achievement including space-themed summer reading programs, special moon and space-themed exhibits and educational programming. See the full list here.
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is an educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music (rock, blues, folk, etc.), learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
June 19 - The Grove Museum - Handmade History
June 27-July 25 - Museum of Florida History - Summer Reading Program
June 29 - Mission San Luis - Plein-Air Watercolor Painting Workshop
July 6 - The Grove Museum - Backyard Discovery
July 8-12 - Knott House Museum - Summer Poetry Workshops
July 10 - The Grove Museum - Storytime at The Grove Museum
- 6/26/2019 - Florida Department of State Announces Events & Opportunities to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing
- 6/24/2019 - Florida History Day Students Excel at National History Day
- 6/21/2019 - Secretary of State Laurel M. Lee Applauds Governor Ron DeSantis for Signing the 2019-2020 Budget
- 6/21/2019 - Secretary Lee Announces the Designation of Four Florida Resources on the National Register of Historic Places
- 6/20/2019 - Secretary Lee Announces the City of St. Cloud as Florida’s Newest Certified Local Government