News & Events
File Early, Florida!
Annual Report filing season for business entities in Florida is January 1 to May 1 every year.
Mark your calendar and be sure to file your annual report on or before May 1 to avoid late fees.
Florida Music Tours
Florida Music Tours is an educational, travel and media website that spotlights Florida’s important role in American musical history and promotes the state as a top destination for music enthusiasts. The website makes it easy to listen to Florida’s traditional music (rock, blues, folk, etc.), learn about influential performers and visit music festivals, venues and historical sites throughout Florida. Buckle up, roll your windows down and enjoy the journey!
Find Us on Social Media
Many of the Florida Department of State's divisions and programs maintain a presence on today's most popular social networking sites. This list will make it easy for you to find and follow your favorite groups.
January 26 - Museum of Florida History - 36th Annual Children's Day
February 2 - The Grove Museum - Backyard Discovery
February 14 - Knott House Museum - "My Heart Leaps Up" - Romantic Era in Word and Music
February 21 - Museum of Florida History - An Evening with George Robinson
In the News
The Florida Department of State and the Florida Historic Golf Trail appreciates the support of late golfing legend, Arnold Palmer.
- 1/15/2019 - Secretary of State Announces Recipients of the 2019 Florida Folk Heritage Awards
- 1/15/2019 - Secretary Ertel Designates Main Street Wauchula as Florida Main Street Program of the Month
- 1/4/2019 - Redland Golf and Country Club Featured as Florida Historic Golf Trail Course of the Month
- 12/21/2018 - Republic of France and State of Florida Sign Declaration of Intention to Embark on a Historic Partnership to Research and Preserve the Trinité Shipwreck
- 12/20/2018 - Secretary Detzner Announces the Designation of Highlands Hammock State Park on the National Register of Historic Places